lemon broccoli pitas
I'm here with your new favorite lunch. It took me exactly 6 minutes to whip this up and most of that was cutting the stupid broccoli. Feel free to buy some pre-cut or chopped stuff and you'll be eating in 2 minutes flat.
This sandwich is so fresh, fills you up, and leaves you feeling great afterward. Well that is unless you scarf down half the bowl and your less than capable pregnant stomach reminds you that it's very much being squished by a human. Worth it.
Lemon Broccoli Chickpea Pitas
broccoli chickpea salad
- 1 bunch of broccoli florets, sliced thin
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, drained if packed in oil
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- mashed avocado or hummus for spreading
- pitas or fave bread
To make the broccoli chickpea salad: In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss.
To make the lemon dressing: In a small liquid measuring cup or bowl, combine the ingredients and whisk together until emulsified. Taste and adjust as needed. I love the extra lemony flavor but feel free to tone it down or add more sweetener.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli chickpea mixture and toss to combine.
Spread a layer of fresh avocado on your pita then a heaping spoonful of the broccoli chickpea salad. Enjoy!