parmesan tomato skillet
I love cooking but sometimes I can get really stuck in a rut when I'm meal planning. Picking meals for the week seems like an impossible task, lost in a sea of pinterest dinner searches. This is one of my go-to's when I'm not sure what to make. It comes together in a flash, is flavorful, and so so simple. If you're a meal planner like me and won't necessarily be making it right away, I like to buy frozen baguettes to use as my bread so it's not rock solid by the time I get to making it. Let's get to it.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 2 1/2lbs fresh tomatoes, cut into large dice or 1 24oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 1/2 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add bread cubes and stir to coat with the oil and cook until evenly browned and crisp.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until the tomatoes break down.
Turn off the heat and add in the spinach, beans, basil, and parmesan. Stir well to combine. Top with mozzarella then place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the top is browned and the tomatoes are bubbly.
modified from well plated